I have now been using a Box Broadband test connection (installed by Boxcom) for a couple of days. During this test phase we expect variable speed test results; most have been between 100 and 300 Mbps on my equipment. The overall user experience is a huge improvement of course. Here are the differences I have noticed so far:
- Emails with large attachments download in less than a second
- Upload speeds are similar to downloads
- Complex web pages appear in full almost immediately
- Uploading a new web site took seconds rather than minutes
- Podcasts download instantly to my phone
- Connecting to client networks is faster and more stable
- Files transfer to and from clients in a fraction of the time
- Videos start to play immediately
- Being online is just much more enjoyable and stress levels have reduced!
Our new Calix 844G router from Box is located centrally, and its superior Wi-Fi signal covers the whole house at “superfast” speed without boosters or extenders, so the place now looks tidier. The Boxcom engineer took great care to hide cables and install the router exactly as we wanted. Speeds over Wi-Fi are now limited by the devices; tests are reporting 30 to 50 Mbps on my phone and 30 to 110 Mbps on a laptop.
Other early testers have commented:
- “Very much enjoying being able to see and hear people properly in meetings.”
- “What a difference!”
We had a couple of brief power cuts yesterday (due to storm damage I expect); the connection came back up very quickly and with no adverse side effects. I now need to get a small UPS (battery backup power supply) for the router so that power cuts do not affect our connection at all.
New customer installations will proceed as fast as possible, and many more should be enjoying this futureproof service over the next week. Please let me know who you are and how you get on. Enjoy!